Many users have reported this windows update error code 0x8000ffff in Windows 11, this Windows 11 Update Error 0x8000ffff stops the users from installing updates for Windows 11. It puts your PC in to the risk factor. Here in this article, we will discuss the different methods used to resolve this Windows 11 Error Code 0x8000ffff completely.
Error Code 0x8000ffff Returns With Following Error
Error Code 0x8000ffff windows 10/11 update.
Error Code 0x8000ffff windows 11/10.
Windows update Error 0x8000ffff.
Windows update Error Code 0x8000ffff.
0x8000ffff troubleshoot error.
What are the reasons of this windows 11 error code 0x8000ffff?
Here are some of the reasons why this error code is popping up
- System has corrupt system files
- Windows Update and other critical services are not running
- Existence of Malware or virus infection may affect the update process
- Conflicting applications and third-party antivirus
[KB9199287] – Methods to fix the Error code 0x8000ffff in Windows 11
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Firstly, open the Settings app and click on Troubleshoot option
- After that, click on the other troubleshooters option
- Now, search for the Windows Update troubleshooter and click on Run button
- Wait for the troubleshooter to check the issue and follow the given instructions to resolve it
Disable .NET framework to fix the error code 0x8000ffff
- Firstly, open the Search menu and enter Turn Windows features on or off
- Then, click on the relevant search result
- After that, uncheck all the .NET Framework entries and click on OK
- Once completed, restart your PC to see the changes reflecting
- Next, go to the setting tab and select Windows Update option and click on Check for Updates
Disable Windows Security
- Go to the search menu, type Windows Security and click on the relevant search results that pop up
- Now, click on the Virus & threat protection options that are visible
- After that, click on the Manage settings option
- Finally, click Yes
Perform an in-place upgrade
- Go to the Microsoft’s official website, select the edition for the ISO and click on the Download now button
- Next, select the installer language from the dropdown menu, and click Confirm
- Click on Download button, once downloaded double-click and open it
- After that, open in the prompt and run the setup.exe file
- Now click Yes in the UAC prompt and then click Next in the Windows 11 Setup window
- Now, click on Accept to agree to the license terms
- Finally, verify personal files and click on Install
If you are still not able to resolve this windows 11 update error code 0x8000ffff, we suggest you to chat with our experts here. I am sure they will help you resolve this windows update error code 0x8000ffff completely.