You are gazing at the screen since a long time but your installation got stuck at 51%, 58% or 70%. You have restarted the process, checked your internet connection but still no progress. You need not to get tensed because you’re not the only one facing this trouble. Windows installer can be the cause of your problem. Or at the same time you are updating any other program that is creating the problem.
Here is the cure to your issue:
- Press ctrl+alt+delete keys altogether.
- On doing this, the Task Manager window will pop up on the screen.
- Here, click on the Processes tab and find out the Windows Update Standalone Installer.
- After continuous scrolling, if you are unable to find it, this shows that the update is absolute.
- Still installation does not proceed, then start the Update installation process again.
- Install the Office again and you are done.
If still you don’t see the progress and you are using a wireless connection then go for the wired one as it enhances the speed.
Lastly, your antivirus can be the trouble maker. So let it rest for few minutes by turning it off temporarily. If you are the Windows 10 user then turn off Windows Defender from the Update & Security option in Settings.
Facing troubles at 90%
This happens with the installation of MS 365, Office 2016 or Office 2013. The business of Windows Installer is the reason. It is asking you to be patient as the Windows installation has to stand in queue while the update is going on through windows installer. You can do it manually by this step by step procedure:
- Without disturbing the installation leave it at 90%.
- Simultaneously hold the ctrl+alt+del keys and click on task manager.
- On the Processestab, select Windows Update Standalone Installer (wusa.exe).
- Click on End task which will enable the Office installation.
- The installation process will now be completed.