The Office Update Error Code 30038-28, 30088-28 or 30016-29 error appears when an update to Microsoft Office 365/2021/2019 is triggered or failing in windows 11 or windows 10 operating system.
[KB63363904] How to fix Microsoft Office Update Error Code 30088-28?
Easy fixes to solve Microsoft Office 365/2021/2019 Error code 30088-28 in windows 10 and windows 11.
Temporarily disabling Defender or Antivirus to fix Error Code 30088-28
You could fix the Error code 30088-28 by disabling the firewall or antivirus temporarily or creating an exceptional rule for Microsoft Office installation or update.
Steps to disable windows firewall:
- Start and type “Windows Security” to search
- Select the Windows Security app >> go to Virus & threat protection, >> under Virus & threat protection settings >> select Manage settings
- Real-time protection to Off
Steps to disable Antivirus:
- Open Antivirus program installed on the computer.
- Click settings and select to real time protection.
- Select Turn Off real time protection.
- Then Navigate to Antivirus firewall.
- Turn off Antivirus firewall.
Try updating Microsoft Office 365/2021/2019 and check whether the Microsoft Office Update Error code 30088-28 is fixed.
If persist, follow the instruction below or talk to Microsoft experts for help.
SFC Scan to Fix Office Update Error code 30088-28
Microsoft Office 365/2021/2019 Error code 30088-28 also occurs in case of system file errors or corruption.
This Microsoft Office Update Error 30088-28 could be fixed easily by running SFC scan. The SFC scan is the process of replacing or repairing the corrupted copy of system files using the cached of the file from the directory.
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator
- Type this below syntax on the command line window
- SFC /SCANNOW
- Finally, Hit Enter
By following this method you’ll get a fantastic end result pointing out that each one the problems are resolved and the turn aspect bad end result might be that your home windows is corrupted.
Registry Repair to Fix Office 365/2021/2019 Update Error
Microsoft Office 365/2021/20219 Update Error code 30088-28 it is required to repair the registry keys and rebuilt the string values.
Disclaimer: we request you to back up the registry before initiating the registry repair as registry is a highly sensitive element of a computer system and it is recommended to be done in the presence of Online or offline technician.
Follow the steps to repair registry:
- Open registry editor
- Delete the older registry key which block the installation of latest version or update.
- Navigate the below keys and delete it.
If YOU STILL HAVING A PROBLEM? Talk to experts to have more inputs!!!
Let uninstall and reinstall the office 365/2021/2019, by following the steps below:
- Download the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant utility.
- When the download is completed double click to run the SetupProd_OffScrub.exe ( https://aka.ms/SaRAofficeUninstal
- Click Install to install the Microsoft recovery tool.
- When the installation is completed, click Agree and then click Yes.
- Wait until the ‘Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant’ troubleshooting the issue.
- Select the checkbox, at the left of the Office product name to select all the installed Office products and click Next.
Install Microsoft Office 365/2021/2019
- Open Office My Account (office.com/myaccount )
- Login to Office account using your setup if prompted and run it once download
- Do not go offline or reboot the computer once after initiation of installation.
- Click on finish button.
If you have trouble in following this procedures, then we suggest you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better. I am sure they will give you the best solutions to resolve this Error Code 30088-28 in Microsoft Office 365/2021/2019 completely. You can also visit our website for more information.