If you are trying to renew your Office 365 Unlicensed Product Messages, but it’s failing, and a pop-up is appearing saying that the subscription hasn’t been completed, in such cases, the Office 365 shows an unlicensed product.
If Office activation fails, the Unlicensed Product in the title of the Office applications, and many features of Office are disabled. To restore all features of Office, fix the problem that is causing activation to fail.
Causes of office 365 says unlicensed product messages
Office 365 unlicensed product occurs either due
- To the expiration of the Office program (or)
- Due to any hindrance in its activation.
Why office 365 says unlicensed product?
The issue surfaces due to two common reasons;
- Either an integral part of SPP gets lost from the device.
- Or sometimes the issue occurs when your Office 365 isn’t licensed [expired license issue].
How do I fix it?
Home and Business users have different accounts. Similarly, Student and University subscriptions are different. When you were using this version with one type of Account, it will work as long as the service is live.
To solve this unlicensed product office 365 issue, there are the following methods which you can use;
Verification through Microsoft Online Portal
- Firstly, signing in Office 365 Portal. [do it in admin mode]
- Then, open Office 365 Admin Overview.
- Now click on the Users option.
- After that, choose the user with the problem.
- Finally, look into the Assign Licenses for Office Professional Plus.
Reactivation of Office
- Start by determining whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Office. You can check it
beside the Version number of the Office.
- Close all tabs of Office programs.
- Now press start and search for CMD through the search box.
- Then, type the following commands according to your version of the Office in the command prompt;
For 64-bit version:
“%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\OSAUI.exe” /F
For 32-bit version:
“%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\OSAUI.exe” /F
If all the solutions mentioned above didn’t work for you, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Office program. This will give a re-set up to your Office program.
- Firstly, go to Microsoft easy fix, and uninstall Office.
- Now Sign in to Microsoft Online Portal, from where you can install the Office program again.
If you have problem in doing this method, we advise you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better.
In addition, you can check the reviews of Assured assist from your friends and family.
However, I am sure any disaster that would have happened for few are due to their system hardware dependencies.
Simultaneously, if you are still not able to resolve this issue. We recommend you to Chat with our experts. I am sure they will help you resolve this issue.