The error code 0x80070422 is coming while doing windows 10 update means that there’s an issue with your Windows Update service that doesn’t allow the updates to install. The windows update error code 0x80070422 states Windows 10 Update or its services is disabled. You can repair Windows 11/10 Update by running the Windows Update Trouble-shooter.
You need to back up your system before performing any of these steps. if there are any changes, we can restore your computer back to the current state.
[KB9199228] – Solution to Fix Windows 11/10 Update Error Code 0x80070422
Method 1 – SFC Scan to Fix Windows 11 Update error code 0x80070422
SFC SCAN is the command line that we use to do that process. I will provide an explanation for you the stairs in element on the way to carry out this scan.
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator
- Type this below syntax on the command line window
- SFC /SCANNOW
- Finally, Hit Enter
By following this procedure you’ll get a fantastic end result pointing out that each one the problems are resolved and the turn aspect bad end result might be that your home windows is corrupted.
If anyone having trouble to do this methos, chat with us to get the immediate solution to fix this Error Code 0x80070422 in Windows 11/10.
Method 2 – Enable the Windows Update Service to Fix Windows 11/10 Update Error 0x80070422
Most of the time, windows update error code 0x80070422 pops up because of a problem with the Windows Update service. Windows Update service is one of the processes that run in the background. It usually runs at start-up and works in background while downloading and installing your updates without any issue.
The Update service built into Windows and stops functioning properly, So Windows Update will not work properly and run into system problems.
First thing you need to check is whether the Windows Update service is enabled and running.
Keep in mind that you need administrative rights to perform the steps below:
- Click start in search window type in services, and click on service. it should open the Services manager.
- Scroll down the list of services and look for Windows Update.
- Double-click on it to open the Properties panel. Click on configure how the process should run.
- Make sure that Start-up type is not set to Disabled mode. The default option here should be Manual, but you can set it too Automatic instead.
- Go back to Windows Update and try checking for new updates again.
Method 3 – Run the Windows Update Trouble-shooter
If none of the solutions above work for you to fix this windows update error 0x80070422, you can try running the built-in troubleshooter to fix your Windows 10 Update problems.
To run the troubleshooter:
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Scroll down under Get up and running, then click on Windows Update.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
If you have problem in following this methods, then we suggest you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better. I am sure they will give you the best solutions to resolve this Windows Update Error Code 0x80070422 completely. You can also visit our website for more information.