The Windows 11 update error code 0x800f0900 is caused by corrupt system files. This windows 11 error 0x800f0900 stops you from installing the windows 11 update and rolls your PC back to the last major update. In this article, we will discuss the causes of this Windows 11 Update Error Code 0x800f0900 and the different solutions to resolve this error code 0x800f0900.
Why does install error 0x800f0900 appear on Windows 11?
The error 0x800f0900 occurs on Windows 11 when users want to install the Cumulative Update (10.0.22000.100) (KB5004300). The major cause of this Windows 11 Update Error Code 0x800f0900 is corrupt or broken system files and installation mode.
This issue is similar to Windows 11 error code 0x800f0830, which can occur if your system installation is damaged and needs repair. Many reasons cause this error issue, such as missing or corrupted files, malfunctioned services, configuration issues, and other problems prompting the error.
[KB9199285] – Solutions to fix the windows 11 update error 0x800f0900?
Run Windows Update troubleshooter
- Go to the Settings option and select the Update & Security tab
- After that, select the Additional troubleshooter option
- Click on the Windows Update option
- Finally, click the Run the troubleshooter button
If persist, follow the instruction below or talk to Microsoft experts for help.
Use System File Checker and DISM
If windows update error code 0x800f0900 occurs due to system file corruption, follow this procedure
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter
- Wait till the scan is finished. If it returns an error, use the following set of commands and press Enter
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, Restart your PC
Reset Windows update components
- Firstly, open Command Prompt and Run as Administrator
- After that enter the following commands and press enter after every command
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Clean temporary files to fix the windows 11 error code 0x800f0900
- Firstly, open the File Explorer, right-click and open Properties
- After that, click on the Disk Clean-up button and then go to Clean-up system files option
- Finally, check all boxes and click OK
At last, follow the above explained steps and restart your system services will ideally resume your updates to work. If you still need help to resolve this windows update error code 0x800f0900, we suggest you to chat with our experts. I am sure they will help you resolve this windows 11 update Error issue completely. You can also visit our website for more details and information.