Error Code 0x80240034 is a common Windows update error that users may encounter when attempting to download or install updates for their operating system. This Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0x80240034 can be frustrating, but fortunately, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
- One possible cause of this Error 0x80240034 is connectivity issues. If your internet connection is unstable or weak, the update may fail to download, resulting in error code 0x80240034. To resolve this, ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong, and then try running the update again.
- Another possible cause of this error code is insufficient disk space. If your computer does not have enough free disk space to accommodate the update, you may encounter this Error Code 0x80240034. To fix this, try freeing up some disk space by deleting unnecessary files, uninstalling unused programs, or moving files to an external hard drive.
- Corrupted Windows Update components can also cause the error code 0x80240034 to appear. In this case, running the Windows Update trouble-shooter or manually resetting the Windows Update components may be necessary to resolve the issue.
- Sometimes, antivirus or firewall software can interfere with the Windows Update process and cause the error code 0x80240034 to appear. To fix this, try temporarily disabling your antivirus or firewall software and then running the update again. Outdated drivers can also prevent Windows updates from installing correctly, resulting in error code 0x80240034.
To fix this, try updating your drivers manually or by using a driver update tool
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- In the search box, enter the update code in the search field and then hit the Enter key.
- From the listing of matching updates, hit upon the Update that makes use of the equal structure as your system.
- Click the Download button after the update to download it.
- Once you download the update, run the setup file, and observe the instructions.
- After the update is complete, reboot your Windows PC.
Run the Windows Update Trouble-shooter
A common usual method to solve the Windows 10 Update error 0x80240034, is to run the Windows Update Trouble-shooter tool, in the way to fix the issues with the Windows Update.
- Go to Start Menu > Settings>To Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update.
- Restart your system.
- Try to install windows updates.
Run SFC and DISM Tools to fix Error Code 0x80244018
- Click on Command Prompt window and select Run as Administrator
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- After completion of the scan, restart your computer
- After that, check for the issue is solved
We suggest you to chat with our experts.
- Firstly, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- After that, type the following commands and Press the Enter key after each command
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- To close the Administrator
- Type Exit in the Command Prompt window and then press Enter
Reset Windows Updates Components
Open Win + X menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. You can do that by pressing the Windows Key + X shortcut.
Once the Command Prompt opens, type the following commands:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- rmdir %windir%SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- Hit the Enter key afterward and then check to see if the problem is resolved.
In summary, error code 0x80240034 is a Windows update error that can be caused by various issues, including connectivity issues, insufficient disk space, corrupted update components, antivirus or firewall interference, or outdated drivers. By following the above steps, you can troubleshoot and resolve this error 0x80240034 to ensure that your Windows operating system is up-to-date and running smoothly.