Error Code 0x80244018 is a common issue that can occur when trying to update your Windows system through Windows Update.
This Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0x80244018 usually indicates that there is an issue with connecting to the update servers, which can be caused by a variety of reasons such as network connectivity problems, misconfigured settings, or issues with the Windows Update service itself.
To resolve the error code 0x80244018, there are several possible solutions that you can try.
The following are some of the most effective solutions to fix this issue Windows Update Error Code 0x80244018:
Run the Windows Update Trouble-shooter
Windows has a built-in trouble-shooter that can help diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update.
- Going to Settings > Click On Update & Security > Select Troubleshoot
- Clicking on “Additional trouble-shooters”, Selecting “Windows Update“, and clicking on “Run the trouble-shooter”.
Run SFC and DISM Tools to fix Error Code 0x80244018
- Click on Command Prompt window and select Run as Administrator
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- After completion of the scan, restart your computer
- After that, check for the issue is solved
We suggest you to chat with our experts.
- Firstly, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- After that, type the following commands and Press the Enter key after each command
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- To close the Administrator
- Type Exit in the Command Prompt window and then press Enter
Ensure BITS running on your device to fix Error Code 0x80244018
BITS is a necessary thing of Windows which grants the updates. Errors 0x80244018 Windows Update Error seems when a malfunction happens in this. Too make sure BITS is strolling properly, comply with the Following steps:
Step-1: Press Win+X and choose to run from the listing of options. On the area of run, Type the textual content services.msc and click on OK.
Step-2: From the list, seem for the Background Intelligent Transfer Service in the Name column. Once you discover out, put a proper click on on it and choose Properties option.
Step-3: On a popup window, the device will exhibit the properties of the service. In “Startup type” part, click on on the dropdown and choose “Automatic (Delayed Start) “.
Step-4: Move on to the Service repute area and set it to Start.
Restart the laptop and look at for the existence of this Error Code 0x80244018 again. It persists see the subsequent technique to configure the proxy.
Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Software
The Windows Update error 0x80244018 may additionally be triggered with the aid of the third-party antivirus software. So, in order to restoration this Windows error 0x80244018, you can select to uninstall the third-party antivirus software.
- Type Control Panel in the search area of Windows and pick the best-matched one.
- Then enter the most important interface of Control Panel.
- In the pop-up window, pick out Uninstall a application under the Programs section.
- In the pop-up window, pick the third-party antivirus software program and right-click it. Then pick Uninstall to continue.
- When the technique is finished, you have uninstalled the third-party antivirus software.
- Then you can reboot your pc and run Windows Update once more to look at whether the error 0x80244018 is solved
Restart the Windows Update service to fix Error Code 0x80244018
The Windows Update service may sometimes get stuck or become unresponsive, causing the error code 0x80244018.
- To restart the service > open the Services app from the Start menu > locate the Windows Update service > right-click on it > and select Restart.
Clear the Windows Update cache
The Windows Update cache can sometimes become corrupted, which can cause issues with updating. To clear the cache, open Command Prompt as administrator, and type the following commands:
- net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
- ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution Software Distribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
Turn off the proxy connection
- Press Window Key + I to open the windows Settings.
- So, click on Network & Internet then click on (You can open it at once through opening the Run software and now enter ms-settings: network-proxy and press the Enter key).
- Go to the Manual Proxy Settings and click on setup.
- Now flip off or turn off the use a proxy server option. Close the window and restart your system.
Manually download and install updates
If none of the above solutions work, you can try manually downloading and installing the updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog website. This process may be a bit more time-consuming, but it can sometimes resolve the issue Error Code 0x80244018.
In conclusion, error code 0x80244018 can be frustrating, but there are several effective solutions that you can try to resolve it. If you have tried all the above solutions and still can’t update your system, you may need to seek further assistance from Microsoft Support or an IT professional.