Error code 80072efd often occurs when users try to update Windows 11 & Windows 10 update service. Due to Microsoft update services or incorrect firewall settings can cause this Error Code 80072efd while updating Windows 11. In case the Microsoft server causes the Windows Update 11 Error Code 80072efd, it can be ratified by itself. Most of the time error happens due to a Windows firewall error or Proxy settings, then the firewall has to be manually configured to correct the problem.
[KB9199227] – How to Fix Windows 11 Update Error Code 80072efd?
Method 1 – SFC Scan to Fix Windows 11/10 Update Error Code 80072efd
SFC SCAN is the command line that we use to do that process. I will provide an explanation for you the stairs in element on the way to carry out this scan to fix error 80072efd.
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator
- Type this below syntax on the command line window
- SFC /SCANNOW
- Finally, Hit Enter
By following this procedure you’ll get a fantastic end result pointing out that each one the problems are resolved and the turn aspect bad end result might be that your home windows is corrupted.
Method 2 – Windows Firewall Check To Fix Windows Update Error 80072efd
Giving expectation on Windows Firewall
- Right click on the Windows firewall icon on the Windows system tray.
- Choose “Options” or “Preferences.”
- Choose “White List” or “Exceptions” on the firewall options display.
- Enter the following URLs on the “White List” or “Exceptions” URL listing:
- Add port “80” and “443” to the Windows Update Service in the “Allowed Programs” list and click “save” or “apply” to save the Windows firewall changes made.
- Restart the computer and windows 10 update error code 80072efd will be corrected.
If anyone having trouble to do this methods, chat with us to get the immediate solution to fix this windows 11/10 update error 80072efd.
Method 3 – Check Proxy Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options
- Then go to Connections and LAN Settings
- Finally, make sure that the Proxy server is disabled
If you have problem in following this methods, then we suggest you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better. I am sure they will give you the best solutions to resolve this Windows 11/10 Update Error Code 80072ef completely. You can also visit our website for more information.