Microsoft Word not responding generally pops up as an error message or as a complete freeze of the Word graphical user interface. When you face this issue, either Check online for a solution or close the program.
Sometimes Word can stop responding or start working too slow. This can be very frustrating to work with. Here, we have explained the solutions and causes of slowing down of Word briefly.
Why your word is not responding?
Too many untracked changes may result in slowing down Word. Ending the Word abruptly can also cause such issues. It leaves temp files which may result in a non-responsive trait of Word. Sometimes Windows defaulter can also cause such temp files.
External factors may also cause the errorful working of the Word. If the slowdown is because of any Microsoft Update, it is out of your hands to resolve the issue. Uninstalling updates is the only way to get the optimal speed back.
How to resolve this issue?
We will discuss two ways of resolving the issue of ‘word not responding’. The first solution will work if the problem has occurred due to abrupt changes:
- Firstly, close all the Word pages.
- Secondly, give a restart to your Word.
- Then, start a new Word file.
- After this, open Review tab and Tracking group.
- An all-markup option will appear. Click on it.
- Now click on the Show Markup badge.
- After that, change the Ballon settings to the possible abrupt changes you made.
- Finally, go to files and try to open the errorful doc.
The second method is running the Troubleshoot, which can help in almost all possible causes.
- Begin with confirming the Word’s startup folder.
- Now remove or rename all the normal. Dotfiles were existing in your device.
- Now start the detect execution operation by going to the help menu.
- Now remove the Word from the registry of the Window. [it will re-register itself after relaunching]
Above mentioned solutions will solve your issue in most cases. But if none of it works, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the whole Word.
If you have problem in doing this method, we advise you to choose a Technical Support from us to help you better.
In addition, you can check the reviews of Assured assist from your friends and family.
I am sure any disaster that would have happened for few are due to their system hardware dependencies.
We give you assurance about your money and the service. If you like to see the procedure for a paid support, you may ask the Tech available online here on this page.